Pages

Search This Blog

Monday 2 June 2014

Nkrumah Of Nazareth

It's my birthday today. If you know me, you know I love documentaries. So for my birthday, I've decided to do nothing but spend all day online watching as many films as possible to please myself. It's been a good day so far - with the phone calls and online wishes from family and friends.

I chanced on a short film about Osagyfo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's first president. A film titled; NKRUMAH OF NAZARETH by Nate Berkopec, an American who made the film as part of a school project. I think it's a well made film even though it might seem one-sided and negative. He told Osagyefo's story from an angle not often taken in Ghana. As much as I agree with the idea of telling our own stories, this film provided me with some insight that has gotten me thinking and wanting to find out more about our most loved president ever - to enable me create a more balanced view of the man and what he truly stood for.

Do watch it too and let's get talking. I'd really like to know what others(especially fellow Ghanaians) think about this film.


No comments:

Post a Comment