Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday 21 March 2013

As We Prepare for #BlogCamp13

Chaley, Ghana's all sorts of messed up right now. Politicians are letting us down on daily bases. In the midst of all this mayhem, you and I know that we cannot live a life of whining and complaining about politicians; most of whom we know do not give a hoot about the well being of the very people whose votes got them to their various positions. Yea, I get and agree with the ''we-pay-tax-so-we-need-to-hold-them-accountable'' argument but @paakoti recently tweeted: ''I don't know why society everywhere keep chasing an utopia where there's even a semblance of fairness. It'll never happen anywhere!'' I agree with him.

Through all these however, there are bright spots in our lives. For many, these bright spots come in the form of events. One of such events for me and several other bloggers in Ghana now is Blog Camp. This Saturday is the second annual edition of Blog Camp an event organized by the the dope people of Blogging Ghana. I was there last year and I'll be at this year's. For some funny reason I just thought I should put up a ''How to prepare for #BlogCamp13'' post. So here we go...

1. (a) Please and please again iron your clothes in advance. Nobody is friends with ecg nowadays. Your load shedding schedule that says you'll have light on Saturday morning may be easily ignored. You don't want to show up in shadas that have mua. Your twitter crush might be there. I'm sure you get the point by now. Good. You may want to refer to @GanyobiNaa's blog post where she gave tips to guys about what ladies find attractive in guys..*coughs!*

1. (b) I don't know how earth we could talk about ironing clothes without talking about which clothes you should wear on the day. Please pardon me, for I'm nothing close to a fashionista but please read my lips: it is going to be a loooong day. Blog Camp comes with a lot of moving around too so you might want to be in clothes you feel the most comfortable in. Ladies ladies ladies, please if you wear anything with resemblance to a high heel it will be your own palava ooo. I don't even think I qualify to tell our ladies what to wear, they can figure it out. Guys, no dirty jeans please in fact refer to @GanyobiNaa's post again for you own good.

2. Charge your camera batteries. If you're like me and are planning to take a few pictures of the event for your blog, you should remember to charge your camera batteries. Even though there will be a lot of power outlets to use, you don't want your camera to be off just when something cool is happening. 

3. Pack light. I'm sure your week at work has been hectic already and you do not plan to add more fatigue on Saturday. Please don't carry all your gadgets o, take only the ones you'll really need. A heavy backpack won't allow you to keep a smile on your face after a long day, I know that. For instance, I'm bringing only my phone and camera. Finish.

4. Bring your open mind, creative self and talkative mouth. I can assure you; there will be so many interesting discussions. These three things will really come in handy.

5. Eat breakfast. The food last year was good and I know it will be this year too but you don't want to get too hungry before lunch arrives. I remember a few tweets about people being hungry. Don't come and sit by me and be squeezing your face in all kinds of manner because of hunger pangs. I'll give you a knock and tweet about your hungry face..lol

Thank me later but please feel free to add anything you think I forgot in the comments.



1 comment:

  1. 😂 😂 😂 😂
    I go chop heavy before I come.
    My laptop will stay at home this year

    ReplyDelete